Steiff Quality Standard | Purity Law
Steiff's Purity Law - The Quality Standard "Only the Best is Good Enough for Children"
Steiff have always gone beyond the minimum requirement to ensure products of the highest quality. The following is their statement on quality standards.
- No Harmful Substances - We voluntarily go far beyond the legally-required standards and even surpass them. Because we are convinced that only animals which pose no health hazard deserve the good name Steiff.
- No Allergenic Substances - We have high expectations of our suppliers whom we oblige to adhere to the strict Steiff guidelines. We extensively examine all the basic materials before they are used in production.
- No Harmful Dyes or Colours - We have voluntarily imposed stricter regulations than required by law for all our dyes and colours. Children can put Steiff products in their mouths without any misgivings
- Highest Quality Materials - Only the finest natural fibres, such as mohair and alpaca or woven fur made of synthetic fibres, are woven in our own weaving manufactory, Steiff Schulte in Duisburg. Furthermore, we use only carefully selected, inspected materials by well-known manufacturers.
- Lint-Free Plush - The plush of a Steiff animal has always been something special. It is extraordinarly true-to-nature, soft, long-lasting and does not lose any hair. We use only lint-free uppers made of the highest quality.
- No Harmful Fillings - We use exclusively new and non-harmful materials from the factory for the fillings of our teddy bears and soft animals. The fillings of our animals are, of course, inspected by Oeko-Tex.
- Highest Quality Seam Workmanship - This is ensured by the standardised Steiff seam width as well as the high density of seam, which is typical only for animals from our company. A Steiff animal will last a lifetime.
- Hygienic Production - For the production of our animals, we pay careful attention that we adhere to all hygiene and cleanliness standards. For example, that is why we use metal detectors during all the production processes.
- Independent Inspection - For decades, we have had our products independently inspected by the LGA in Nuremberg, and we collaborate intensively with other independent institutes, such as TUV and Dekra. In our laboratory in Giengen an der Brenz, we conduct over 12,000 additional tests every year. The Steiff Quality Management System is certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001 [German Industrial Standards]
- Unrivalled Quality since 1880 - Throughout the various production steps, we produce continuously environmentally friendly as well as in view of the flawless quality and longevity of our products. A Steiff animal can be a companion throughout a whole childhood and still be a source of joy even as an adult.